An Accounting & Outsourcing Manager supports the operation and development of the Outsourcing team at Mazars in Malaysia. Your day-to-day role will be to manage the team responsible for providing outsourced accounting services to our clients. As team leader you will expected to:
- Prepare accounting reports for use by client’s management.
- Prepare financial statements for statutory purposes.
- Ensure that the accounting services provided by the team members are completed on time whilst maintaining a high standard of quality.
- Develop strong client relationships.
- Motivate, develop and train the accountants within the team.
- Improve the efficiency of team members in delivering accounting services within budget. Where there are budget overruns, identify the causes and implement solutions.
- Support the preparation of proposals to prospective clients.
You will be supporting the Director of the Outsourcing operations to develop the practice’s quality controls and internal processes, IT systems, management information systems and training programs.
You may be required to undertake the role of your client’s Financial Controller, providing their Board of Directors with relevant analysis, value-added and business-oriented comment on their financial results.
Additionally, you will have the chance to work on one-time tasks like setting up control procedures, accounting processes, or assisting with business advising projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy or part qualified ACCA/CPA Australia/ICAEW
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years in a supervisory level, preferably from a professional services firm in an Accounting/Outsourcing/Client Accounting/Audit environment.
- Team player with good communication, interpersonal and client servicing skills.
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Meticulous and have attention to detail with good organizational skills.
- Proficient with the use of collaboration tools, i.e. MS Teams, DocuSign etc.
- Sense of responsibility, integrity and able to handle confidential matters.
- Excellent functional knowledge and skills in using Microsoft applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of accounting software (XERO, SAP, Oracle, Sage Line 50, Surf, Accounts IQ, Quickbooks, Dynamics 365) is an advantage.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Knowledge of other languages is advantageous.