This position offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced manager, who is client service focused, to transition to a broader compliance and consultative role supporting international companies. You will also gain insight and experience into how to manage a fast growing, entrepreneurial service line.
A key member of the management team, your role is pivotal to client experience, technical support, staff development and team success. You will supervise and support the provision of accounting, payroll and advisory services to a broad portfolio of international clients. You will also be responsible for ensuring the smooth implementation of new clients in your portfolio.
You will manage a team of staff and impart your technical expertise to help your team develop and grow, acting as their coach and mentor. You will also take ownership of your team’s service delivery and ultimately their financial performance.
- Supervise and support the provision of accounting, payroll, and advisory services to a broad portfolio of international clients.
- Garner a deep understanding of your Client’s businesses to help ensure that Mazars’ reports and advice are timely and relevant and that a strong “Trusted Business Advisor” relationship is in place.
- Impart technical expertise to your team to ensure accounts are prepared in-line with International Financial Standards. Furthermore, to highlight other possible advisory and compliance issues e.g. taxation, Companies Act, immigration to the appropriate experts within Mazars for further consideration.
- Plan the work of your team and help them to ensure deliverables are timely and processes are efficient.
- Coach and continuously develop staff and support their happiness and well-being.
- Take ownership of the financial performance of your team.
- Ensure all firm quality and risk processes are understood and complied with by your team.
- Participate in new client prospects meetings, when required, and the subsequent onboarding process.
- Involve in any other adhoc projects and related tasks as and when required by the Partner(s).
- Bachelor of Accountancy and/or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years in a supervisory level, preferably from a professional services firm in an Accounting/Outsourcing/Client Accounting/Audit environment.
- Deep understanding of Singapore compliance requirements – accounting, tax, payroll. Companies act would be an advantage.
- Strong and extensive technical accounting knowledge in Singapore and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Excellent communication skills, including spoken and written English, and ability to work across all levels.
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Client service focused, entrepreneurial and commercial thinker.