You will undertake specific stages of audit valuation work under supervision. You will learn to adjust the application of skills to improve the work tasks or solve non-complex issues. As an Associate/Senior, you will operate in a structured work environment. You build relationships, work in a team, and identify ethical issues with reference to the code of professional conduct and ethics. You will be able to select and apply from a range of known solutions to familiar problems and takes responsibility for his own learning and performance.
- Provide support to the audit engagement team in assessing working papers relating to the appropriateness of carrying amounts of assets/liabilities that are measured using fair value and/or recoverable values with reference to the financial reporting standards Posing questions on the valuation strategy, primary inputs and assumptions used by the management.
- Apply the relevant valuation related standards and guidelines consistent with the subject matter for the purpose of the valuation
- Able to perform or to be trained to execute the above, in relation to the applicable/relevant valuation-related standards and market practices/guidelines, concerning the appropriateness of the fair worth or recoverable value(s) of businesses, intellectual property, financial instruments, etc.
- Assist the audit engagement team in their course of work to clearly articulate the rationales for the valuation conclusions as and when necessary.
- Other ad-hoc projects that may require your involvement
- Relevant Finance or Audit background
- Candidates with 1 – 2 years of relevant experience will be considered for the Senior role
- Familiar with common valuation methodologies and approaches
- Commendable analytical, technical, project management and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently as well as a team player