Why join us
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Progression is tied to education, empowering you to match your career to your aspirations both within and outside our firm. We expect your contribution to what Mazars and our clients do next and reward your ingenuity. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too. Mazars, the smart choice.
As the financial services consulting team in Hong Kong, we provide integrated solutions to financial institutions to help them anticipating change in a complex and volatile environment and meeting challenges of increasingly stringent regulations. We are currently looking for individuals who are keen in developing a career in banking and capital markets, asset management and insurance consulting. Working with our financial services clients you will gain significant exposure to clients operating in complex environments. With the support of partners, directors, and managers, you will be expected to support to an increasing in demand for our FS consulting services.
What you can expect
As a Manager/ Sr. Manager, you will lead a client-centric advisory team in financial services industry, and your opportunities and exposures include but not limited to:
- Support the development on consulting engagement plans and project approaches, analyse client’s current business processes and understanding the risk management environment for financial institutions
- Support the planning, execution and delivery of consulting engagements covering regulatory, operational and IT advisory with FS clients in areas such as client onboarding, KYC, AML, system architecture/ pre- or post-implementation, reviews; IT regulatory & licensing reviews (e.g. cybersecurity requirements on C-RAF and iCAST requirements, IS guideline, MCRA membership application, etc.)
- Utilise your skills in the areas of structured problem solving, business analysis, analytics, design thinking and lean process improvement to help our FS clients drive profitability and performance through their business operations
- Use of technology and data including FinTech/ RegTech/ InsuTech innovation with respect to financial institutions to promote innovation and achieve regulatory compliance
- Support change management including the revision or formulation of new policies, systems and controls aligned with regulatory requirements and regulators’ expectations
- Plan, execute and communicate with engagement stakeholders of the financial institutions
- Identify current and emerging trends of regulatory requirements for the financial services sector in Hong Kong, Singapore, Mainland China and other Asian markets and global regulatory expectations
Who we are looking for
- University degree majoring in Finance, Accounting, Business, Legal, Information Systems, Computer Science/ Engineering or related subjects
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience gained in professional services firms, commercial banks or other financial institute experience will be an advantage
- Demonstrate good analytical, problem solving and presentation skills. Flexible, self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity. Effective time and project management with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Keen on career development on any of the following areas: financial services regulatory consulting, compliance, governance and internal controls, risk management, operational / technology risk management, business & system processes review, internal audit, cyber-security and business consulting
- Interested in gaining experience in any of the following industries:
- Banking and capital markets (client on-boarding / KYC / AML / investment product suitability and other regulatory compliance, front office activities in products / sales channels, middle and/or back office control, operational / technology risk management – commercial banking, private banking, investment banking)
- Asset management (distribution channels, controls and processes – prime brokerage, fund administration, fund management (retail, institutional, and/or real estate / private equity, etc.)
- Digital asset management/ trading (Cybersecurity, custodian management, licensing requirements)
- Insurance (underwriting, claims, reserving, Solvency II, policy administration systems – general or life insurance)
- Payment industry (Cybersecurity, settlement and clearing)
- Ability to identify and assess business process controls and linkage to IT systems
- Basic understanding of banking products and trade life-cycle
- Basic knowledge in banking and securities laws, rules and regulations and operations as well as different products and services offered by financial institutions
- Excellent communication skills in English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- Advanced report writing skills in English and Chinese, with the ability to create and organise varying forms of business information while developing it into cohesive, meaningful, professional reports and presentations
What we offer
We recognise that rewards are important to you. On top of the basic salary you will be receiving, we offer a range of staff caring benefits and policies including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, a 5-day working week, discretionary performance bonus, birthday leave and marriage leave. Please apply with detailed resume, contact numbers, current salary, expected salary and availability in strict confidence.
All applications received will be used strictly for selection purpose only.