The Assistant Manager is expected to team lead various sizes of audit engagements which include planning, performing, reviewing of audit work performed by the junior members and concluding the engagement. He/she is required to undertake a small portfolio of audit clients, reporting directly to the Engagement Partner(s). He/she works closely with team members to execute the audit plan and ensures the timely completion of the audit engagement in line with International Financial Reporting Standards and International Auditing Standards.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Perform assurance engagement activities
- Identify and analyse the client’s business, key risks, and impact of changing business environment
- Implement and provide input to engagement plan
- Perform assurance engagement in compliance with the engagement plans and professional standards
- Utilizing appropriate technology and tools to extract sufficient data for performing engagement procedures
- Identify and propose resolutions to significant accounting and auditing issues
- Review information accompanying the assurance report in accordance with applicable framework
Support Engagement Team
- Identify areas for personal development to improve work performance
- Facilitate effective communication within the cross functional and culturally diverse teams
- Coach junior team members to achieve technical competency and efficient performance
Adhere to Professional Standards
- Maintain independence by ensuring code of professional conduct and ethics
- Application of IFRS and IAS Standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum 4 – 5 years of relevant audit experience preferably from an international accounting firm
- Experience in the application of IFRS and IAS standards to a highly proficient level
- Highly proficient in English, both spoken and written
- Commendable analytic, technical, and interpersonal skills with a high proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power Point
- Able to work independently as well as a team player
- Understanding of Ethics Pronouncements in Australia, Corporations Act
If you are searching for a challenging and rewarding career with attractive benefits and training opportunities, please click the “Apply Button” now.
The remuneration package will commensurate with your qualifications and experience.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.