Mazars, the Smart Choice
Join our expanding team!
The Audit Manager is primarily responsible to provide guidance and expertise to professional staff and participate in the conduct of a wide range of assurance services, with a particular focus on complex and specialized issues, including audits, controls reviews, remediation projects, and assistance with the firm and regulatory compliance.
Detailed Job Description
- Oversees the review process of the audit team and makes necessary recommendations to change policies, implement new systems, or even change employee roles and team structures.
- Understand the client’s industry, key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging technologies and industry developments.
- Plan engagement objectives to ensure compliance with professional standards and appropriately address risk. Prepare and review management communications, proposals budgets, and negotiate fees and overruns.
- Review and approve for signing all financial statements, opinions and reports, and other deliverable documents for clients.
- Maintain relationships with other engagement teams and monitor team progress against plan and drive performance as required.
- Enhances skills of the team and establishes mentoring and coaching system.
- Identify new business opportunities. Understand our service lines and actively assess ways to apply knowledge and services. Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
- Conduct internal and external training, both accounting and auditing standards.
- Performs other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Company
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant
- Must have at least 6 years of audit experience obtained from a big 4 or known auditing firm.
- Experience with due diligence projects is preferable, but not required
- Highly analytical, excellent interpersonal communication (both oral and written), and with leadership skills.
- Audit and compliance experience in diversified Industries
- Skills in the Philippine Financial Reporting Standards (PFRS) and Philippine Standards on Auditing (PSA)
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) with US GAAP experience preferable, but not required.
- Skills in planning, budgeting, risk or controls assessment, and managing each audit engagement
- Has experience both in local statutory audit and group reporting package
- Handled multiple clients for audit and/or review of financial reports
- Must be willing to travel both locally and abroad, if necessary.