The Manager manages a portfolio of engagements to deliver high quality audit services. You will provide leadership on audit engagements which includes engagement planning, execution and finalisation of an audit engagement. You will be fully accountable for the audit engagement and ensures that the engagement process against budget and timeline is closely monitored. You will develop and maintain long-term client relationships.
You will review and provide key technical expertise to ensure the quality of audit work performed is in compliance with professional standards and requirements. You will also undertake a role in professional development activities such as training, staff recruitment and performance management.
This position will be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- To be part of the Audit team and Technical Team and help review and take on a compliance role and/or manage, review working papers by client/audit engagement team relating to the appropriateness of carrying amounts of assets/liabilities that are measured using fair value or recoverable values – with reference to the financial reporting standards and posing relevant challenges and questions on key inputs and assumptions used by management.
- To handle and manage portfolio of engagements as and when required and to ensure to deliver high quality audit and related services.
- Provide leadership on audit engagements, which includes engagement planning, execution and finalisation of an audit engagement.
- Develop and maintain working process and standards and to take on a role to provide advice, guide and train team members in your area of expertise.
- Review and provide key technical expertise to ensure the quality of audit work performed follows professional standards and requirements especially in the areas of your expertise.
- Undertake a role in professional development activities such as training, staff recruitment and performance management as and when required and expected.
- To work closely with other business units especially our valuation team and to support or collaborate with the other BUs as and when required and/or instructed.
- Building and maintaining client relationships before, during and after engagements and to propose steps in improving client’s network and relationship.
- Any other adhoc duties deemed reasonable in your scope of work.
- Degree in Accountancy, preferably with a recognised professional qualification.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably from an international accounting firm.
- Excellent communication skills to work effectively and efficiently across all levels.
- Good understanding of corporate governance, regulatory compliance, audit standards and accounting principles.
- Possess positive “can do” attitude to challenges and the agility to multitask effectively across competing priorities.