Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 40,400 professionals – 24,400 in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
Mazars in Australia recently won the 2020 AccountantsDaily Awards for Network of the Year and Professional Development Program of the Year. You will not find a better environment to achieve your full potential!
As a Manger in Financial Advisory, you will be working within a close-knit Financial Advisory Services team to foster a commercially successful relationship between clients and banking/finance institutions. The role will entail complex financial modelling and debt advisory work and is an opportunity to lead a dynamic team of four across various levels with a focus on growth and development.
- Manage day to day team operations.
- Drive team performance and overview workflow to ensure jobs/tasks are kept on track and client expectations met.
- Mentor and train team members to develop their finance and modelling skills.
- Assist in driving growth in the Financial Advisory Business through excellent client service and attracting new clients to Mazars.
- Conduct research and apply technical skills to prepare financial models relating to investments, transactions, earnings, valuations, comparisons. Consolidate information and interpret the results of the analysis.
- Drafting of covenant reports to assist clients with meeting their reporting requirements and loan obligations.
- Complete due diligence by reviewing historical financial data, current financial data, forecasts, business plans and minutes. Provide information to assist clients with the process of mergers and acquisitions, assessing investment requirements and the restructuring of businesses.
- Completion of professional valuation services for clients for strategic business purposes. Apply valuation techniques to assess and value projects, business segments and companies. Assess and evaluate risk factors for clients and incorporate these factors into the final report.
- Liaising with various stakeholders on behalf of clients and senior team leaders, e.g. liaising with Valuers, Government Departments (i.e. QRIDA and RIC), Banks and Private Equity Firms.
- Preparation of clear, specific, well presented and easy to understand workpapers.
- Assistance with the provision of services such as pricing analysis, independent advice and fairness opinions to assist with strategic business decisions or compliance requirements.
- Assistance with the provision of concise and professional reports that comply with regulatory requirements. Ability to summarise key industry factors and to link these factors to valuation and transaction objectives.
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
- Degree in Finance related discipline
- CPA/CFA qualification (or equivalent)
- Strong financial analysis skills gained from five or more years’ experience
- Extensive knowledge of financial modelling for large corporate groups with an ability to prepare and critique complex financial modelling
- Demonstrated people leadership skills including giving feedback and direction to junior team members and contributing to driving the success of a high-performing team
- Solid understanding of banking and financial lending arrangements and metrics and cost benefit analysis in relation to proposed business ventures
- Client focussed with a proven track record of building strong commercial relationships with key stakeholders
- An understanding of valuations, insolvency and client acquisition and capital structures
- An ability to show initiative and accountability
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to assess the risks for clients before decision making
Why join us
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too. Mazars, the smart choice.
We believe that Mazarians should be rewarded for the work that they do and so we offer a range of financial and non-financial benefits to support and reward our people. At our Brisbane location you can expect the following:
- International and domestic mobility opportunities
- Inner city location
- Wellbeing program
- Flu vaccinations
- Learning and development programs
- Charity and community events
- Study assistance to achieve CA/CPA qualifications (financial support & study leave)
- Social club activities and vibrant culture
- A diverse and inclusive team environment
- Flexible working
- Employee referral bonus
- Employee assistance program
- Paid parental leave
- Discounts on
- banking & insurance
- health insurance
- retail and entertainment
- health and well-being
- Casual dress code
At Mazars we nurture an inclusive environment and encompass diversity in all forms. Successful applicants will receive consideration for employment irrespective of their background, experience, identity, age, gender or ability.
All applicants must be Australian/New Zealand citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa with full working rights. You may be required to provide evidence at application.
Mazars does from time to time seek assistance from external recruitment agencies that we have strong relationships with, however currently we are only considering direct applications for this role.
How to apply
If you are interested in joining us or want to speak to us to find out more, press APPLY and submit your resume