Objective of this role:
Commitment to the quality and integrity of Mazars global audit methodology and thorough quality control that applied to every client engagement. This role focuses on quality control and carries out EQCR to ensure professional standards compliance in our reports.
- Stay current on industry development related to engagement standards that impact out business.
- Be and active participant in engagement standard setter activities, which may include conference attendance, task force participation, professional response to comment letters, etc.
- Develop strategies and materials to implement both new and changed standards efficiently.
- Develop policies and procedures related to the Firm’s system of quality control as required under the MIA and Mazars QC Manual.
- Implement details policies and procedures that support compliance with professional standards (MIA, AOB, PCAOB, IESBA, IFRS etc.)
- Continuously consult with Firm personnel regarding compliance with professional standards matters.
- Draft thought leadership material to support both internally and externally focused campaigns.
- Monitor Firm compliance with the MIA Quality Control Standards and engagement standards.
- Manage the Firm’s annual internal inspection process, which addresses both Firm level policy compliance, and audit and attest engagement standards.
- Manage the Firm’s global reporting requirements to Mazars Group.
- Perform Engagement Quality Control reviews on professional standards issues.
- Maintain and update the Firm’s Quality Control Manuals.
- Participate in both regulatory and global control inspections.
- Ability to perform well under pressure, and deliver quality client services with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Minimum Degree in Finance / Accounting or any relevant field
- Qualified accountant – MIA/ACCA/CPA Australia, or equivalent.
- 5-8 years of relevant experiences.
- Demonstrated success in adapting a work environment of about 120 professional.
Technical & Professional Knowledge / Membership:
- Member in any relevant professional bodies
- Holds significant external audit experience managing a portfolio of clients and leading audit teams and a good technical expertise
- Knowledge of the MIA Quality Control, Ethics and Independence Standards.
- A demonstrated commitment to excellence in compliance with engagement standards.
- Ability to perform technical consultations and reviews.
- Ability to research and document complex accounting and engagement standards issues.
- Ability to translate high-level technical literature into commonly understood language and usable data.
- People management experience. Excellent communication and people management / development skills, team-player.
- Functional knowledge and skills in using Microsoft applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills required.