Don’t wait. Act.
Mazars, the smart choice.
SMSF Accountant – Brisbane
Mazars is an internationally integrated partnership, specialising in audit, accountancy, advisory, tax and legal services. Operating in over 90 countries and territories around the world, we draw on the expertise of 40,400 professionals – 24,400 in Mazars’ integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance – to assist clients of all sizes at every stage in their development.
Mazars in Australia recently won the 2020 AccountantsDaily Awards for Network of the Year and Professional Development Program of the Year. You will not find a better environment to achieve your full potential!
The objective of the role is to provide clients with a full range of professional superannuation services and to assist senior team members with the completion of complex jobs. The Superannuation Administrator assists SMSF clients with achieving their financial goals and meeting their compliance obligations.
- Providing specialist SMSF accounting and administration in accordance with regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Confident navigation of Class with a view towards continuously improving skill level.
- Preparation of fund activity statements, financial statements and annual returns to a high standard
- The ability to work with minimal guidance on basic compliance jobs.
- Liaising with clients to answer queries, provide regular updates and proactively request documents and information to ensure that jobs are completed promptly.
- Research undertaken on various superannuation related matters, subject to the review of a senior.
- Communicating with the ATO in relation to client matters (e.g. queries, setting up payment arrangements, obtaining remissions, lodgements).
- Prompt and collaborative communication with accounting team members to achieve the collective goal of providing high quality results for clients.
- Efficient coordinating with administration to ensure that collations and client correspondence are completed.
- Completion of daily timesheets and adherence to budget requirements and preparation of fees with a high attention to detail.
- Attendance at training and active participation in sessions.
- Previous experience within the SMSF industry providing support to SMSF clients
- A strong attention to detail
- Experience of using Class software would be beneficial
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to assess the risks for clients before decision making.
- Demonstrated experience working within a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office 365 including Word and Excel
Why join us
You don’t join Mazars by coincidence, you choose Mazars: a global school of excellence where you will be challenged to develop and grow. Come and write the rest of (y)our story with us – you’ll make friends along the way too. Mazars, the smart choice.
We believe that Mazarians should be rewarded for the work that they do and so we offer a range of financial and non-financial benefits to support and reward our people. At our Brisbane location you can expect the following:
- International and domestic mobility opportunities
- Inner city location
- Wellbeing program
- Flu vaccinations
- Learning and development programs
- Social club activities charity and community events
- Study assistance to achieve CA/CPA qualifications (financial support & study leave)
- Social club activities and vibrant culture
- A diverse and inclusive team environment
- Flexible working
- Employee referral bonus
- Employee assistance program
- Paid parental leave
- Casual dress code
- Discounts on;
- banking & insurance
- health insurance
- retail and entertainment
- health and well-being
At Mazars we nurture an inclusive environment and encompass diversity in all forms. All applicants will receive consideration for employment irrespective of their background, experience, identity, age, gender or ability.
All applicants must be Australian/New Zealand citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa with full working rights. You may be required to provide evidence at application.
Mazars does from time to time seek assistance from external recruitment agencies that we have strong relationships with, however currently we are only considering direct applications for this role.