We have opportunities for interested candidates in our tax department – GST and Corporate Tax. Your main responsibility will be to provide timely and accurate services for our clients, and to analyse transaction structures and assist by providing preliminary findings in respect of tax due diligence reviews, restructuring advice and ad-hoc tax advisory projects, etc.
- Assist with GST compliance work, which involves preparation and/or review of clients’ GST returns prior to submission
- Assist with the application of GST registration, exemption, and schemes
- Assist clients with IRAS GST audits and queries
- Opportunities to liaise with clients as part of servicing the assigned portfolios and develop client relationships and seek out additional business opportunities
- Opportunities to conduct GST healthchecks such as Assisted Self-Help Kit (ASK) reviews, and Assisted Compliance Assurance Programme (ACAP) reviews
- Opportunities to have advisory exposure in the course of handling GST compliance work, advising clients on GST implications and applicable treatment of their business transactions
- Opportunities to meet and prospect new clients as part of growing the GST business
- Extract and analyse financial/tax data and understand the business operation to identify potential tax risks of a target.
- Coordinate and attend meetings with clients, target’s representatives and inter-office advisors.
- Assist in preparing reports, in particular for tax due diligence or reviewing sales and purchase agreements to meet the tight turnaround time.
- Assist in tax research/preparatory work and prepare the advisory work within the tight turnaround time.
- Collate and gather information from inter-office people for fee proposals, deliverables, etc.
- Prepare marketing collaterals or presentations.
- Assist in pitching for new clients or projects including preparing meaningful proposals and attending meetings.
- It could range from deferred tax analysis to preparing tax computations for corporate and individual
- Administrative work such as folder management, risk management, etc
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant disciplines, such as ACCA or Diploma in Accountancy or Business management.
- A team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possesses good writing skills.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and good attention to details.
- Exposures to ASK reviews, and ACAP reviews would be an advantage.